Pumpkin bread pudding. In a bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg yolks, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour over bread cubes and toss gently.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding Simple & Delicious Pumpkin Bread Pudding. This is a delicious cross between a pumpkin pie and a bread pudding, which means that it's going to be a very pudding like consistency rather than a solid, sliceable baked good. Pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and vanilla extract flavor this rich bread pudding. You can have Pumpkin bread pudding using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin bread pudding
- You need 8 cups of brioche, cubed.
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 1 can of pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 6 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cloves.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need of Toasted pecans.
- You need 1 cup of pecans.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare Pinch of cinnamon.
- Prepare Pinch of ginger.
- It’s Pinch of cloves.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg.
How to Make Pumpkin Bread Pudding. In a mixing bowl whisk together sugar, spices and salt. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in half and half, milk, pumpkin and vanilla.
Pumpkin bread pudding instructions
- To make bread stale (if needed), bake cubed bread at 300F for 8-10 minutes on a cookie sheet without oil or butter, until lightly toasted and dry, but not browned..
- While bread is toasting, heat a medium skillet over medium heat, and add butter. Add spices, and toast pecans until browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally for about 2 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and chop into smaller pieces..
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and spices. Set aside..
- Grease a 9"x 13" baking dish, preferably with deep sides..
- Place the cubed bread in the baking dish in an even layer, and add the melted butter and the toasted pecans. Stir to combine..
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bread mixture in the baking dish, and stir to combine..
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Place the dish inside the oven while it is preheating..
- Once the oven has finished preheating, stir the pudding again, as most of the liquid will have absorbed, and return to the oven..
- Bake on 325F until set and beginning to brown, about 40 to 50 minutes..
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream..
Place bread cubes in an extra large mixing bowl. Pour milk mixture evenly over bread cubes then gently toss to coat. This was a moist, flavorful bread pudding, but it definitely needs a sauce, ice cream, or whipped cream to accompany it. I used cranberry bagels, which I cubed and toasted, then let the entire pud. Pure pumpkin purée makes this challah bread pudding super moist and creamy.