Fried Eggplant w Honey Drizzle. I miss the tapas culture in Seville every day. No matter what anyone tries to tell me, the tapas culture just isn't the same here in Madrid! Stir the chopped rosemary into the batter.
Transfer to a wire rack to drain and immediately sprinkle with salt and drizzle with honey. Repeat with the remaining eggplant and flour. Arrange the fried eggplant on a serving plate. You can cook Fried Eggplant w Honey Drizzle using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Eggplant w Honey Drizzle
- It’s of Fried Eggplant.
- Prepare of Fritter Flour.
- It’s of Water.
- You need of The Dressing and Drizzle.
- Prepare of Salt / kosher salt.
- You need of Paprika.
- You need of Black Pepper/ White Pepper.
- It’s of Other herbs as you wish.
- It’s of Honey.
In a shallow bowl, spread the flour. Remove the eggplant from the milk, shaking off Fried Eggplant Chips with Honey Drizzle. I've talked on and on about all the wonderful tapas we had on our trip to Spain and here is yet another recipe that I have tried. I love tapas and you can turn just about any appetizer into a tapas.
Fried Eggplant w Honey Drizzle instructions
- Add and mix the flour with water(batter) and add the cut eggplants into it. Mix well until every each of it is evenly coated in the batter.
- Heat up the pan, add in the oil and wait over medium -high heat. Fry the coated eggplant until it turned golden brown and.
- Fry for about 4-5 minutes then drain on paper towels to get rid of the excess oil.
- Sprinkle the salt, paprika, all the required ingredients for dressings.
- Lastly, drizzle the honey on top of it using spoon. Just a little amount would do, don’t overly do it! Done!.
Make small portions and serve on small plates and you have a tapas. Stir in the honey-lemon mixture and bring to a boil. Continue to heat until the sauce has turned into a thick glaze and the eggplant is soft. Put them in a bowl, add enough milk to cover, and put a small plate on top to hold them down. I decided to slice the eggplant into sticks and shallow fry it before tossing it in a honey garlic sauce.