Authentic hot and sour soup. But you can bottle it, and that's exactly what we did. Introducing a soup with nothing to hide. We don't leave taste to the imagination.
Hot and sour soup as the name suggests is a spicy and tangy soup that is loaded with vegetables. The tang and spice come from the sauces used to make this. It is perfect to sip on cold winter days. You can cook Authentic hot and sour soup using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Authentic hot and sour soup
- It’s 1 of tofu.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 8 of mushroom.
- You need 200 grams of pork belly or minced pork.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s of White pepper.
- You need of Sriracha or chili 🌶.
- You need 25 gram of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Cooking wine (optional).
- You need of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Vinegar.
Just like Egg Drop Soup or Wonton Soup, this soup is also a hot take out dish. It is a filling soup that has imbibed both the spicy as well as tangy. I realize this is Hot and Sour soup and I like sour but as written this is WAY too sour. The soup is extremely spicy as well and I like spicy but you'll want to cut back if you are sensitive to it.
Authentic hot and sour soup step by step
- Shred carrot, mushroom, and pork belly.
- Stir fry the pork belly untill the surface is cooked on medium heat. Add carrot in the pan.
- Stir fry till the color of carrot turns into a bit transparent. Add mushroom..
- Turn the stove up to high heat and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add soy sauce along the pan. Then add cooing wine (optional). Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 liter of boiled water then turn to medium heat.
- Shred tofu. Starting from slicing it. Knock them down like dominoes then shred the tofu..
- Mix one tablespoon of potato powder with cold water. Add the starch water into the soup. Don’t put it all in once. Stop when you like the thickness of the soup..
- Wait until the soup is boiling again then add tofu in. It’s important not to stir at this point. Just gently push the tofu a bit to ensure it’s covered by the soup.
- Mix 2 eggs with a pinch of salt and some sesame oil.
- Wait till the soup is boiled again, turn down to low heat. Pour the egg with chopsticks or spoon to slow down the process. Move around to make sure every section is covered by egg..
- Wait until it’s boiled again then add Shiracha (optional),white pepper and vinegar. It’s better with Asian black vinegar, but red wine vinegar works as well. Turn off the heat in 10 seconds..
- Serve with coriander and some sesame oil. voilà ❤️ you can service as a soup dish with dinner or Gyoza. Adding water dumpling in the soup is also an authentic way of serving hot and sour soup..
A really good hot and sour soup is a good omen for the food to follow. This authentic Hot and Sour Soup recipe is the real deal – carefully crafted with attention to detail. Give it a try and we're confident you'll agree that it is as good as – and most likely far better than – the best hot and sour soup you have enjoyed at your. This soup is like…the most authentic take-out hot and sour soup you've ever had, and yet…WAY better than all those take-out places combined. We have updated it with new photos, clearer instructions, more precise measurements, an old family picture(!) and a.