Kerala Roast Chicken. Kerala Roast Chicken Recipe – About Kerala Roast Chicken Recipe: A delicious chicken recipe, Kerala style! Roasted chicken is a great option to cook for dinner. This Kerala roast chicken is downright delicious with chicken and a host of spices roasted together.
Ingredients of Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe: Kerala chicken roast is a semi-dry, delicious blend of marinated chicken, fried and sauteed with a spicy, tangy masala paste. Teamed up with some chillies, fried onions and lemon juice to bring out that extra zing in this dish. Kerala Roast Chicken is a spicy South Indian chicken dish with loads of flavour and an enchanting aroma. You can cook Kerala Roast Chicken using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kerala Roast Chicken
- Prepare of Onions Sliced.
- You need of chicken.
- You need of Shallots.
- You need of Curry.
- You need of tomato diced.
- Prepare of Garlic Cloves.
- It’s of thumb size Ginger.
- You need of deseeded green chillies.
- It’s of coriander powder.
- Prepare of red chilli powder.
- It’s of turmeric powder.
- It’s of Garam Masala.
- Prepare of Pepper Powder.
- You need of hot water.
- You need of Coconut Milk.
- It’s of Salt.
Although it is a roast, it is definitely not dry. It can be served with coconut rice or lemon rice too. You can also serve it with some veggies on the side, that will be delicious too. This Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe is a family favourite which Amma's friend makes and sends over whenever us kids visit Kottayam.
Kerala Roast Chicken instructions
- Grind the shallots,garlic,ginger to a semi paste consistency.
- Marinate the chicken with 1tsp of chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric, 1tbsp of vinegar/lime juice, salt to taste. Set aside for half an hour and shallow fry the same..
- Heat a kadai with coconut oil. Add the green chillies and curry leaves and sautee until fragrant. Add the sliced onions and saute until browned(not burnt). Add the shallot paste and sautee till the raw smell goes. Add the tomato and cook until mushy..
- Add all the Masalas, make sure the heat isn't much or else the mix will burn. Saute the mix till oil separates..
- Add in the fried chicken and mix well with the base masala. Add hot water and cook for another 7-10 mins on low heat. Make sure the water is minimal. Add in coconut milk at this stage and roast on high for about two mins constantly sauteeing it..
- Garnish with coriander leaves..
- Goes well with rice,idlies,appam etc.
It is a semi-gravy chicken recipe so there's enough to mop up with your appam and the gravy also has tons of onions. Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe is a no fuss recipe that is loaded with flavours. Chicken is marinated in spices and cooked in a onion tomato gravy. The fiery red colour and the delicious gravy of the chicken curry is sure to impress you as well. An easy and super tasty chicken roast that would be perfect for any occasion; you actually don't even need an occasion to make this yummy dish..