Grandma Elsie's Potato Chip Cookies. Gently fold in the potato chips. Drop dough onto the prepared baking sheets by teaspoonful. Remove cookies from sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.
NOTE: Potato Chip Cookies are pictured in top right of tray, between the green spinkled cookies and the rolled krumkake. Drop onto a greased cookie sheet. Potato chip cookies with cream butter and sugar. You can cook Grandma Elsie's Potato Chip Cookies using 5 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma Elsie's Potato Chip Cookies
- You need 1 lb of margarine room temp.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of sifted flour.
- It’s 3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 5.5 oz of crushed jays potato chips. (Do not use wavy or ruffled).
A delicious sweet and salty treat that everyone will love! Using a fork, flatten each cookie slightly. I made the mistake of making these with lightly salted potato chips. These cookies were good but definitely needed saltier chips.
Grandma Elsie's Potato Chip Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together margarine and sugar..
- Add vanilla..
- Stir in flour 1 cup at a time..
- Fold in crushed potato chips..
- Drop by the half tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet..
- Bake about 14 minutes. bottoms should be a golden color. and top peaks should be golden as well..
- Cool on wire racks..
- Makes about 70.. 1" cookies.
- Tip.. do not use stale potato chips!.
- Can be stored in an air tight container..
- This is my grandma elsie's family recipe.. may she r.I.p. she was always my favorite…
Otherwise I think this is a very good recipe. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Add to the potato chip mixture and mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet, allowing space for the cookies to spread. Dusted with powdered sugar they are a delicious sweet treat.