Grandma Elsie's Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies. Grandma Elsie's Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies the original potato chip cookie with a slight hint of chocolate. :cookie these are light, melt in your mouth, crunchy, sweet, slightly salty and chocolaty! renee. GRANDMA'S Chocolate Chip Big Cookies in bulk are a delicious combination of great taste and good fun baked into one great snack. The only thing better than one delicious.
The potato chips in the batter give them a different texture than most cookies. These cookies are basically buttery sugar cookies with potato chips added. Many recipes for potato chips also add chocolate chips or nuts to their recipes. You can cook Grandma Elsie's Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandma Elsie's Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies
- You need 1 lb of margarine room temp.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of sifted flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of fine crushed potato chips ( not wavy or ruffled).
- You need 1 of to 3 ounces of melted milk chocolate.
Large or small, these triple chocolate cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Drop dough onto the prepared baking sheets by teaspoonful. Remove cookies from sheets immediately and cool on wire racks. Sift together the flour and baking powder.
Grandma Elsie's Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies step by step
- preheat oven to 350.
- ( chocolate.. use 1oz. for a mild hint of chocolate or up to 3oz. for more chocolaty taste).
- cream together margarine, sugar and melted chocolate..
- add vanilla.
- stir in flour one cup at a time..
- fold in crushed potato chips..
- drop by the half tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet..
- bake about 12 minutes. the bottoms should be golden. and the tops as well..
- cook on wire racks..
- store in airtight container..
- makes about 70 .. 1 inch cookies..
Add to the potato chip mixture and mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet, allowing space for the cookies to spread. I think these are good my whole family seemed to like them. My family thought this cookie could use chocolate chips. I'll make these again but throw a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in.