Heathy double chocolate banana bread. Our Double Chocolate Banana Bread is an easy banana bread recipe that's moist, fluffy, and loaded with chocolate chips. Easy to make, dense, fudgy, and perfect chocolatey indulgence in every bite. Enjoyed as a snack, breakfast or dessert.
This chocolate banana bread is super soft and bursting with banana and chocolate flavor. The perfect recipe to use up ripe bananas! While I absolutely love a classic banana bread, it's also fun to make different variations as well. You can have Heathy double chocolate banana bread using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Heathy double chocolate banana bread
- Prepare 60 g of brown sugar.
- You need 60 g of honey.
- You need 120 ml of milk.
- You need 60 g of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 3 of medium mashed banana.
- It’s 150 g of whole wheat pastry flour(can replace by all purposes flour if you can’t find it).
- It’s 100 g of natural cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 170 g of chocolate chips (plus more to sprinkle on top).
This double chocolate banana bread is a favorite, as well as chocolate chip banana bread, cranberry banana bread and pumpkin banana bread. And don't worry, the chocolate it is studded with will still be gooey and melted. If you're after a gluten free recipe for banana bread click here. If Coeliac use gf flour instead of oats!
Heathy double chocolate banana bread instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray a 9×5" loaf pan with olive oil spray..
- In a big mixing bowl mix wet ingredients: sugar, milk, oil, honey, egg & mashed banana..
- Sift in dry ingredients:the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and gently incorporate with the wet. Stir in the chocolate chips..
- Pour batter into your prepared loaf pan, top with extra chocolate chips..
- Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean. (If bread starts to brown too much on the top, cover with foil and continue to bake until cooked through)..
- Allow the baked loaf to rest in the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove the loaf by loosening the sides with a spatula tilting the loaf pan, and gently pulling the loaf out of the pan with your fingers or being careful not to smudge the chocolate chips..
- Slice into thick slices and serve..
Obviously you'd have to add the chocolate bits too. This easy Banana Bread recipe is based off my basic banana bread recipe with the addition of two ingredients which lend to it's extra chocolate-y flavor. The extra ripe bananas and greek yogurt add moisture ensuring that you don't end up with dry, dense banana bread which is not good eats. This double chocolate banana bread is moist and tender with a delicious double dose of chocolate. It's a super easy recipe, and the perfect way to switch up your favorite banana bread.