Lee's Southern Hashbrown Casserole. The Best Food Always Starts With The Best Ingredients. Using paper towels or a clean kitchen towel, thoroughly squeeze the excess liquid from the defrosted hash browns. I found myself in need of an impromptu potato dish, but I had no potatoes.
And this dish goes by many names: hash brown casserole, potato casserole, church potatoes, Sunday potatoes, potluck potatoes, etc. I like to just call it "the best casserole ever" because it's a no-fail, crowd pleasing, better-the-next-day, cheesy, onion-y, creamy baked. Southern-Style Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole is one of the ultimate comfort food casseroles that I make, this one has absolutely no canned soup, is made with chunky-style hashbrowns or shredded, deliciously mild cheddar cheese, white sharp cheddar cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, minced carrots, chopped onions, and seasoned with Cajun seasoning, kosher salt, and freshly ground peppercorns This Southern Hash Brown Casserole is a potato lovers dream! You can have Lee's Southern Hashbrown Casserole using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lee's Southern Hashbrown Casserole
- It’s 350 of Degree Preheated Oven.
- It’s of (1) 26 Ounce Bag Frozen Hashbrowns Thawed.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of Medium Sized Onion Diced.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- Prepare 1 of Small Can Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Sour Cream.
- It’s 8 Ounces of Shredded Colby Jack Cheese.
- It’s to Taste of Salt and Pepper.
Creamy and tart with a bit of sweetness from the oven, this may be the best hash brown casserole. / Recipes / Breakfast / Breakfast Casseroles. Rebecca Lee Brazier. and during my time there made massive amounts of hashbrown casserole. I will only say that this recipe is VERY close to the recipe we used at work. Some tips I learned from making it every day for six years: — Mix all the ingredients (with the potatoes straight from the freezer) the day before, cover and refrigerate.
Lee's Southern Hashbrown Casserole step by step
- Melt butter in a medium sized saute pan, over medium high heat. Add chopped onion, and saute until softened. Around 5-6 minutes. Add minced garlic, about the last minute or so..
- Add the thawed hashbrowns, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and melted butter mixture, into a large mixing bowl. Combine well. Add shredded cheese. Continue to combine well. A stand mixer works wonders doing this!!.
- Place hashbrown mixture into a well greased 9×13" glass baking dish. Lightly smooth mixture evenly. Bake uncovered at 350 for approximately 50-60 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly and starting to brown on top. Let rest for 20 minutes. Cut into squares, serve and enjoy!!.
Place hash browns evenly in bottom of dish and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs and pour butter over top. This hashbrown casserole is so good you'll want to eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's a delicious combination of hashbrowns, bacon, eggs, and cheese with a crispy panko crumb topping. It can feed a crowd, especially if you serve it with other foods.