Texas Bean Casserole. Use black beans, great northern beans, small red beans, black-eyed peas, lima beans, or white kidney beans. Replace the ketchup with chili sauce or barbecue sauce. Double the ground beef for a heartier main dish bean bake.
Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet; mix well. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Lubbock, Texas became the ideal home for the casserole brand because of its hub buying offices for grocery stores in West Texas. You can have Texas Bean Casserole using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Texas Bean Casserole
- It’s 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Bulk Sausage.
- You need 1 lb. of Bacon, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Lg. Yellow Onion, diced.
- You need 1 Can of Kidney Beans.
- You need 1 Can of Pinto Beans.
- It’s 1 Can of Lima/Butter Beans.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 Cup of Smokey BBQ Sauce.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Yellow Mustard.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Smoked Paprika.
- It’s Dash of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt and Black Pepper,.
- You need 2-3 Boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix or Yellow Cornmeal.
- It’s 2-3 of Lg. Eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Milk, divided.
This recipe adds sautéed bacon, onions, and serrano pepper to a classic dish. Texas pecans add an extra crunch to the french onion layer. These Texas Cowboy beans have a variety of bean types, including butter beans, pork and beans, and kidney beans. They also have ground beef in them, which makes them a meal all by themselves.
Texas Bean Casserole step by step
- In a large frying pan cook the hamburger, sausage, and onion til meat is no longer pink and onion is translucent..
- Add the chopped bacon and cook for a few minutes longer. Drain all the grease. Add meat mixture to a crock pot. Add rest of ingredients to crock pot..
- Give a stir to mix everything together. Cover and cook on High 3-4 hours..
- Prepare cornbread and pour over top of bean mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or til cornbread is lightly brown and when toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean..
- Remove from oven and serve. 😋.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Once the Texas Beans is done pour into casserole dishes (should have enough to make 2-3 casseroles)..
Welcome, to Recipes For Our Daily Bread. Add the can of tomatoes, and sauté for another. Heat some butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. The Best Texas Pinto Beans Recipes on Yummly Vegetarian Bean And Cheese Taco Casserole, Southwestern Pork And Bean Soup, Pinto Beans With Bacon If you're looking for something a little different for that budget ground beef, this casserole recipe is an excellent choice.