Cherry Chip Shortbread Cookies. Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies – make these classic shortbread cookies with red bits of Maraschino cherries, and you will get a beautiful Christmas dessert. These colorful Christmas cookies are the simplest recipe to follow, and a sweet way to celebrate with your family! Cream butter and confectioners' sugar together.
Shortbread cookies are by far one of my favorites. Because you make one batch, there is no waiting and scooping and tray after tray of cookies. Chocolate covered cherries are one of my husband's favorite candies. You can cook Cherry Chip Shortbread Cookies using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cherry Chip Shortbread Cookies
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 8 ounces (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of marachino cherries chopped and patted dry.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mini M&M's.
I'm not a huge fan, I'll be honest. Cherry Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies are an easy no chill shortbread cookie recipe perfect for the holidays. The maraschino cherries give these cookies a beautiful pink colour. This whipped shortbread recipe produces thirty cookies.
Cherry Chip Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- In a bowl whisk the flour and salt until blended.
- In another large bowl beat butter and sugar until light, beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour and beat until just combined.
- Fold in cherries and mini M&M's.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on prepared pans..
- Flatten each cookie ball slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake 10 to 14 minutes until set and light golden in color. Cool on wire racks.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post. Chocolate Chip Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies. Soft shortbread cookies stuffed with chocolate chips and maraschino cherries. These cookies are hit for the holidays and make a large batch. Drain your cherries and place onto a few sheets of paper towel to remove most of the cherry juice, then dice In a large mixing bowl, mix together your butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract Now mix in your flour Fold on your maraschino cherries and chocolate chips This White Chocolate Chip Cherry Shortbread Cookies Recipe post contains affiliate links.