Hot dogs with baked potato buns. Simple ingredients, great flavors to please everybody and an unforgettable taste. In Greg Patent's original recipe Story and Recipe, he tells about using this recipe for Lobster Rolls. Summer is the perfect time to make those BBQ burgers, hot dogs, steak sandwiches, etc. with some buns that do not come out of a plastic bag!
Country Potato Hot Dog Buns are baked with the finest ingredients, giving you the nutrition you need and the taste that you love. The perfect partner to the hot dog, they're a great addition to your next BBQ. Next, use a knife to make a lengthwise slit down each hot dog. You can cook Hot dogs with baked potato buns using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot dogs with baked potato buns
- It’s 2 of large baking potatoes, washed, pricked and nuked til done.
- You need 4 of hot dogs, I like the uncured beef.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese of choice, lots of it.
- It’s of Bacon bits, I chopped up some I had leftover.
- It’s 1/2 of an Onion diced small.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
Finally, take the hot dogs out of the oven and transfer them into hot dogs buns. For tips on how to bake hot dogs in the buns, read on! We served it with grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and there wasn't a bit left over," says reviewer Kelley James Magestro. For the best chili cheese dogs around, all you need is this easy Oven Baked Hot Dogs recipe.
Hot dogs with baked potato buns step by step
- Cut your cooked potatoes lengthwise in half. Lay cut side down and spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Flip back over and fluff a little with a fork. Lay the halves cut side up in your air fryer, or if you don’t have that, on a sheet pan. Be sure if you’re using your oven to preheat to 400..
- Put a good pat of butter on each potato half and season. Press one hot dog into each half. On top of that, sprinkle the onion. And on that load on the cheese. Sprinkle with bacon and cook on about 325 for 10-12 minutes.if you’re using your oven, cook til melty and golden..
- Top with sour cream and green onions if you like..
Loaded with chili, chopped onion, and melted cheddar, they're crispy on the outside but soft and savory dogs tucked into fluffy buns. An even easier dessert application for leftover buns is bread pudding. You can use a mix of hot dog buns and any other stale white bread products you have kicking around to whip up this decadent custard dessert. Unless your buns are really stale, you may want to cube and toast them briefly in the oven before using them for the bread pudding. For a no-bake play on this classic dessert, try using.