Traditional Banana Bread. This easy banana bread recipe is quick to prepare, and everyone always comes back for seconds! I've never made a really good banana bread until I tried this recipe this morning. I didn't measure the bananas, but used the four I had on hand that were mostly black on the outside, soft and sweet on the inside.
It's moist: There's nothing like a warm slice of moist banana bread to make you feel all cozy. This loaf will hit all those notes and more. Tons of banana flavor: I love how this bread makes the flavor of ripe bananas shine! You can cook Traditional Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Traditional Banana Bread
- Prepare 2-3 of very ripe bananas, peeled.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of melted butter, unsalted or salted.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas, beating well after each addition. Moist and delicious banana bread recipe. Easy to make, no need for a mixer!
Traditional Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan..
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas..
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour. Add chocolate drops..
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean..
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve..
Ripe bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and flour. I'm not a big fan of banana bread, but we had three or four bananas wasting away in the pantry so I decided to give this bread a shot. This easy banana bread recipe is quick to prepare, and everyone always comes back for seconds! It's also very easy to make! The key to a loaf of delightful banana bread is its moistness.