Caramel Chip Oatmeal Cookies. Oatmeal Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie combines all the best cookie flavors of oatmeal, chocolate chip and caramel all rolled into one with an extra crunch thrown in. I am a huge chocolate cookie fan and love all different variations on a theme. These Giant Crinkled Chocolate Chip Cookies are delicious and so fun to make.
For this oatmeal chocolate chip salted caramel cookies recipe, I went in a little bit of a different direction with the ingredients than what you normally see with my recipes. Caramel Chewy Oatmeal Cookies Caramel Chewy Oatmeal Cookies. I love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (much more than oatmeal raisin) and decided to add the caramel chips to that recipe, given my love for all things chocolate and caramel. You can cook Caramel Chip Oatmeal Cookies using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 cups of quick cooking oats.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of salted caramel baking chips.
I also used a larger cookie scoop to bake oversized heaping scoops of cookie dough to create these jumbo cookies. Tips for making Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Cookies. Pressing the cookies down to flatten them a bit, helps them become a flat cookie. I use Ghirardelli Caramel Chips or Kraft Caramel Bits.
Caramel Chip Oatmeal Cookies step by step
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together until combined and set it aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium speed for about 1 minute, until creamy and smooth. Then beat in both sugars until the mixture is fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla next, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat on low speed until just combined, then gradually add in the oats. Lastly, once all the oats are incorporated, beat in the caramel chips until everything is combined. Cover the dough and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- Once the dough has finished chilling, remove it from the fridge and preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a couple large baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Roll the dough into large balls (about 2 tbsp. of dough per ball) and arrange about 3" apart on the baking trays. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are just beginning to brown. The centers will still look very soft and underbaked..
- Let the cookies cool on the trays for 10 minutes, before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container for up to 1 week..
Toasted Pecan Caramel Chip Oatmeal Cookies are made with one of my new favorite baking ingredients, caramel flavored chips. There are two different brand that I know of. Hershey's has sea salt caramel flavored chips and Ghirardelli has caramel flavored chips. The Hershey's chips (which I bought at Mariano's/Kroger) are the same size as. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.