Chicken Orzo Soup. Soup so good we couldn't hide it in a can. Bring high-quality ingredients and flavors to your pantry. Stir orzo, lemon juice, and lemon zest into the broth; add chicken.
If reheating leftovers, add more liquid. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. This lemon orzo soup is bright and lively. You can have Chicken Orzo Soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Orzo Soup
- It’s of skinless chicken thighs.
- You need of water.
- You need of whole peeled onion.
- Prepare of onion diced.
- It’s of bay leaves.
- Prepare of celery sliced.
- It’s of peeled and sliced carrots.
- You need of can diced tomato.
- It’s of orzo pasta.
- Prepare of cup. parsley.
- Prepare of season salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Prepare of hot pepper flakes.
Poaching chicken in store-bought broth is an easy way to enrich the soup and provide an extra depth of flavor. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place the butter, onions, and garlic in a large sauce pot, and set over medium heat. Base: Heat large soup pot over medium heat.
Chicken Orzo Soup instructions
- In a large stockpot, add in chicken thighs, bay leaves, whole onion, and water. (Water should be about 1 inch above the chicken thighs. We think its about 8 cups.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes. Put out the chicken and whole onion and set aside..
- Add in carrots, celery, onion and tomato. Cook for 10 minutes. Shred chicken while vegetables are cooking..
- Add in orzo pasta and parsley cook for 15 minutes or until al dente. Shred chicken while pasta is cooking is not done yet..
- Add in shredded chicken season salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes if desired..
Add the carrots, onion, and garlic. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the cooked orzo, the beans, chicken broth and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add chicken and broth; season with salt and pepper.