Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the perfect soft and chewy cookie, using chopped dark chocolate and a secret ingredient – cornstarch! Three teaspoons of cornstarch was the magic number for this recipe, after several rounds of testing. These salted dark chocolate chunk cookies have been our family's favorite for months now.
This recipe is perfect for rookie cookie makers or seasoned pro-bakers Swipe right for the recipe and share s of your own creations using #PretRecipeBook". With plenty of melty chocolate, chewy oats, and a sprinkle of sea salt, these dark chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies are guaranteed to be your new favorite cookie variety. They're extra buttery and soft with slightly crisp edges and a touch of cinnamon and molasses for classic oatmeal cookie flavor. You can have Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg (substitute meringue powder if you don’t have eggs).
- You need 6 of bite size Dove dark chocolate (cut into quarters).
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s Dash of baking soda.
- You need Tbsp of vanilla extract (water if you use meringue).
I used high quality dark chocolate for these Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies, which makes a HUGE difference. Seriously, splurge on the good stuff if you can. Inspired by our Chocolate Chunk Cookie, this recipe makes eight astonishingly chocolatey cookies. Cream the butter and sugars together until very light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixer, cream together sugar and room temperature butter.
- Add egg or meringue substitute, then add pinch of salt, dash of baking soda, and flour until combined (add 1 tbsp of water or vanilla).
- Add chocolate chunks and lightly mix.
- Bake for 12 minutes! Enjoy warm..
Brown butter dark chocolate chunk cookies « amelia writes. Reply […] While this one doesn't actually count towards the twenty recipes on the twenty list, I had so much fun making it anyway. Talk about a yummy chocolate chip cookie – this was it! I used regular semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate. Tips: These one-bowl homemade oatmeal cookie bars with dark chocolate chunks and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt are the perfect way to end the week.