Gooey Banana Bread. This Classic Banana Bread is perfectly sweet, moist, and full of flavor! You can enjoy this bread plain, with chopped walnuts, or even chocolate chips. I had always wanted to make banana bread with my browning bananas but I thought it would be a long process.
Ooey Gooey Banana Bars Just a few tips to making banana bread. If it is still gooey in the middle, just put some tinfoil on top, it will continue to cook and the crust won't get too dark. Does anyone know what leaving it to sit for an hour actually does? You can cook Gooey Banana Bread using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gooey Banana Bread
- It’s 3-4 of bananas.
- You need 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg (beaten).
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s of Optional 1/4 cup nuts, raisins or chocolate chips.
If your bread is turning out still gooey in the middle, check your oven's temperature to ensure that your oven is getting hot enough. Use an oven thermometer to check the oven temperature. If you find your oven is running cooler than expected. Banana bread usually has a texture closer to a cake than a bread.
Gooey Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350. In a bowl, mash the bananas first and then add melted butter..
- In the same bowl, mix in sugar, vanilla and the beaten egg.
- Again, in the same bowl, mix in baking soda and the pinch of salt..
- Lastly, mix in the flour and decide whether you want to add an optional ingredient..
- I used a bread pan, which I greased with butter, (Which you probably do not have to do) and scooped in all the batter. Cook at 350 in the oven for 1 hour..
While the ideal banana bread is moist, banana bread that is too wet is unappealing. There are several possible causes for wet banana bread. This is a great post, I like the way Matt worked around not having a processor and I like his blogging style. This is an item always sold at the markets here in Central Mexico but it is. Banana bread is good for a lot of things — it makes for an easy last-minute gift, breakfast potluck addition, or simple grab-and-go snack.