Ginseng Chicken Soup. But you can bottle it, and that's exactly what we did. Introducing a soup with nothing to hide. We don't leave taste to the imagination.
Chinese ginseng chicken soup incorporates some unique ingredients, setting the soup apart from versions of other oriental culture. This Chinese ginseng chicken soup is really easy to make and deeply delicious. The Chinese believe cold drinks are harmful to the digestive system, so soup is served not as a first course, but as a beverage with a meal. You can cook Ginseng Chicken Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ginseng Chicken Soup
- Prepare of free range chicken, cut into 4pcs.
- Prepare of American Ginseng.
- Prepare of dried red dates.
- You need of wolf berries.
- You need of salt.
- You need of water.
- You need of Huay Shan.
- Prepare of Pepper for spicy effect when serving.
Because it's more readily available than fresh ginseng, we tested the recipe with ginseng tea. Samgyetang (ginseng chicken soup) is a nourishing soup that's made with a small, young chicken for its tender and tasty meat. The ginseng flavored meat is tasty and tender, and the broth is rich and delicious! This boiling hot ginseng chicken soup, called samgyetang (삼계탕), is an iconic summer dish in Korea.
Ginseng Chicken Soup instructions
- Blanch chicken in hot water till foam appears at the edge. (Or 5-7min) Drain and set aside..
- Throw all ingredients (except wolf berries) into water and bring it to a boil. Once boiled, add chicken. Continue boiling for 8min. Reduce heat and simmer for 40min..
- Add wolf berries and simmer again till you are satisfied with the flavour of the soup. (Boil longer if you prefer a stronger ginseng essence).
- Add salt to taste. Serve..
Ginseng Chicken Soup (人参须鸡汤) Aromatic Ginseng Chicken Soup with goji berries to gently nourish and rejuvenate the body. I finally decided to make use of a packet of ginseng beard that has been sitting in my fridge since last year. For centuries, ginseng has been highly esteemed by the Chinese for its reputation for its amazing health benefits. Ginseng is perhaps most well known to boost our memory power and energy levels. Ginseng chicken soup (in Korean, Samgyetang) is a hot, steaming, delicious dish that features a small chicken stuffed with rice, ginseng, garlic, and jujube.