Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly). This recipe for Low Carb Taco Casserole is so delicious! Try it out and let me know what you think? Making cheesy taco casserole keto is super simple, since the ingredients are naturally keto friendly.
This keto Mexican casserole is like a low carb shepherd's pie with a Mexican twist! Spicy ground beef topped with a cheesy mashed potato-like topping make this a super delicious and comforting dish. Keto Taco Casserole from Delish.com is all about the beef. You can have Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly)
- It’s 1 lb of 80/20 ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar free salsa.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
Keto people, meet your new favorite weeknight dinner. It's super-easy, extremely hearty, and it's got a little kick from the jalapeño. We packed all of your favorite Tex-Mex flavors into this endlessly scoopable and delicious casserole. This easy Keto Taco Casserole recipe really hits the spot.
Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking up to a fine crumble as it cooks. While cooking stir in chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper..
- Turn off heat, do not drain beef. Stir in salsa and transfer mixture to a 9×9 casserole dish. Spread out evenly..
- In a medium bowl wisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Once combined, stir in half the cheese..
- Pour egg mixture over meat mixture in casserole dish. Very gently give the mixtures a slight stir to work some of the cheese down into the meat..
- Top with remaining cheese. Place in oven. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until cheese on top is crispy and golden around the edges. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Top with your favorite garnishes and enjoy!.
My taco casserole recipe is great for a keto or low carb diet. It is also gluten-free, grain-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly. Our recipe for Low-Carb Mexican Taco Casserole puts spicy, cheesy goodness on your table-without the carbs. This family-friendly dish can be part of a low-carb, keto, Atkins, gluten-free, grain-free, or Banting diet. Our taco casserole makes a taco lover's low-carb dream come true!