Tuna Casserole. Tuna casserole is a family favorite, and great for serving large groups. In this tuna casserole recipe from Martha Stewart, we cut the sauce with chicken broth, but there's still enough milk to make this tuna casserole feel indulgent. Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well.
Tuna noodle is at heart an easy, thrifty casserole, with a base of tender egg noodles, savory gravy, sweet peas, and delicate flakes of tuna (bonus points if it has a crispy, cheesy top). This one doesn't require a can of condensed soup or an advanced culinary degree — it hits all the high points of the classic casserole while still being. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk until smooth. You can cook Tuna Casserole using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna Casserole
- Prepare 2 can of Tuna fish.
- You need 1 can of cream mushroom soup.
- You need 1 box of noodles (any kind really).
- Prepare 3/4 can of milk (refill soup can to measure).
- You need 1 of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1 of scoop of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 dash of of real bacon bits.
- You need 2 slice of pepperjack cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 small of bag of potato chips for topping.
- Prepare 3 small of green onions.
Add the noodles, peas, tuna and pimientos; mix well. Originally, this casserole dish was made with non-perishable pantry ingredients as a cheap, wholesome dinner that doesn't require a trip to the store. This tuna noodle casserole is leaps and bounds tastier than any old memories you have of tuna casserole. Rather than a canned "cream of soup" we make a really simple white sauce from scratch with just flour, butter, chicken broth and milk.
Tuna Casserole instructions
- Boil noodles until tender (8 to 12 min).
- While noodles are boiling, mix together in microwaveable bowl : drained tuna, soup, milk, seasoning, torn up pepperjack cheese, & seasonings. cover, then microwave for roughly 2min or until warm throughout..
- Drain noodles, place in 13×9 pan. Pour tuna mixture in & mix together. Sprinkle with shredded cheese & green onions..
- Crunch up potato chips, and sprinkle a layer on top of whole casserole. Bake on 350 for about 8 to 10min..
- I serve with homeade garlic bread!.
Peas, celery and onion are sautéed to give the tuna casserole a boost of flavor as well. Tuna Casserole is right up there with meatloaf and scalloped potatoes when it comes to comfort food. It's been a family favorite for generations! Flaky tuna is tossed with egg noodles, peas, celery, and mushroom soup. We top this with a buttery breadcrumb topping and bake it until it's bubbly.