Mom's Tuna Casserole – Reinvented. Made with a simple from scratch sauce, egg noodles, tuna, peas and a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this comfort food classic is sure to become a new family favorite! Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of Mom's Tuna Casserole – Reinvented.
Although I know this simple recipe off by heart, I looked it up on EatInEatOut and, OMG, it was not there! I can't believe I missed sharing this staple for casserole lovers. In addition to Tuna Mornay, many variations have been made on tuna casserole over the years. You can have Mom's Tuna Casserole – Reinvented using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's Tuna Casserole – Reinvented
- Prepare 8 oz of fettuccine.
- You need 2 large of portobello mushrooms, cleaned and diced.
- You need 8 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of cream.
- It’s 3/4 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 2 tsp of fresh dill.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 can of tuna, 5 ounce each.
People that are on a lower calorie or keto diet may want to avoid eating pasta and potato chips. One example of a healthier tuna casserole recipe can include canned tuna, red onion, mayonnaise, and cheese. I also topped the casserole with a delicious crunchy topping made with Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika (<- quickly becoming my favorite pantry staple), fresh parsley, and, of course, a little butter for flavor and browning. I have never been a tuna casserole fan but when I saw the name of this one, I though I HAD to give it a try!
Mom's Tuna Casserole – Reinvented step by step
- Mix albacore, garlic and oil. Refrigerate for 1 hour..
- Start fettuccine boiling.
- Melt butter in a 12 inch saute pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until brown, around 8 minutes, reduce heat to low.
- Add cream and 1/2 cup cheese, mix well.
- Add albacore, mix well.
- Salt to taste.
- Drop cooked fetuccine in saute pan and mix well to coat evenly.
- Remove from heat, mix in dill and serve. Sprinkle some of the remaining cheese over each plate.
I am so glad that I did!! This was indeed the Best tuna casserole I have ever had and my family. Your favorite comfort food — tuna casserole: reinvented! This creamy tuna pasta with peas is made in one skillet. As soon as the weather starts really cooling down, it's hard to want anything other than comfort food!