tuna fish casserole (old school). Today I am sharing an old school classic and family favorite – Old Fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole! Uses ingredients most people have on hand, especially those broken chips at the bottom of the bag that nobody wants to eat. Got to have those chips on top to be real.
Classic Hot Tuna Noodle Casserole with Cracker Topping – Classic comfort food packed full of noodles, tuna, cheese, and a homemade sauce makes this the perfect casserole any night of the week!. Today I am sharing an old-school classic and family favorite — Old Fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole! Instructions; In small sauté pan, melt butter and add celery and onion. You can cook tuna fish casserole (old school) using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of tuna fish casserole (old school)
- You need 6 can of tuna fish packed in water.
- You need 1 can of 32 ounce cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 of non stick spray.
- You need 2 of bags 8 ounce each of plain salted potato chips crush both bags medium not to fine.
Recipe by Country Cook in Okl. It was one of the first tuna casserole's and is still a great comfort food today. Easy to make and has all the things that are usually on hand. This can also be made with the same size can of chicken.
tuna fish casserole (old school) instructions
- preheat oven 425°F Fahrenheit.
- mix in a bowl (reserving 1/3 bag of chips) chips tuna(drained) and soup spay a 9×13 dish with nonstick spray spread the mixture evenly in the pan then spread the reserve chips all over top make sure oven is hot put into oven for 20 -30 minutes chips can be substituted for saltiness crackers and soup can be substituted for cream of chicken soup.
Originally, this casserole dish was made with non-perishable pantry ingredients as a cheap, wholesome dinner that doesn't require a trip to the store. Add in tuna in water (drained). Mix gently as you do not want the tuna fish to mince. leave some chunks in there. Add in cooked noodles and blend well. The Tuna Noodle Casserole was created to be a simple dinner that's quick and budget-friendly.