Jerk chicken soup. But you can bottle it, and that's exactly what we did. Introducing a Chicken Noodle Soup with nothing to hide. Jamaican Jerk Chicken Soup – A sweet and spicy soup with rice, beans, veggies, and perfectly seasoned flavorful chicken!!!
This Jerk Chicken Soup is a delicious spin on traditional chicken soup. Made with an authentic jerk seasoning, sweet potato, beans, and corn. Have a taste of the Caribbean with this amazing and flavorful soup. You can have Jerk chicken soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jerk chicken soup
- You need of small boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare of small sweet potato.
- It’s of a yellow onion.
- You need of Drizzle of olive oil.
- It’s of a green pepper.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- You need of Jamacian jerk seasoning.
- Prepare of Garlic salt.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- You need of water.
- It’s of coconut milk (unsweetened).
- Prepare of red kidney beans, drained.
- Prepare of can whole kernel corn, drained.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- It’s of bullion cube.
Full Recipe/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. Add chicken stock to a medium-large. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil. This is an adaptation of my favorite slow cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe.
Jerk chicken soup step by step
- Put 6 cups of chicken broth, 8 cups of water, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, bullion cube, 1/2 tsp black pepper & 3-5 shakes of jerk seasoning into pot, let boil..
- While your waiting for broth to boil, rinse off chicken & pat dry. Sprinkle garlic salt & a generous amount of jerk seasoning onto chicken. Flip over & repeat..
- Once mixture is boiling (med high ish) add chicken, beans & corn. Partially cover & let cook 20 minutes..
- While chicken is cooking, drizzle olive oil onto pan & put on medium heat. Dice onion & green pepper add to pan. Spoon garlic into mixture. Peel & dice sweet potato, add to pan stirring occasionally..
- Once 20 minutes is up, add vegetable mixture and remove chicken onto cutting board..
- Shred chicken & add back to pot. Add a few more shakes of jerk seasoning to pot. Let cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, partially covered..
If you have the calories to spare, make some tortilla chips in the oven to eat with the soup and top with a bit of sour cream, cheese, avocado and anything else you like! Weight Watchers Instant Pot Jerk Chicken Soup. The taste of jerk seasoning is just YUMMY. I think it brings a lot to the plate, LOL and I figured trying it in a soup was a great idea. Ingredients Needed for Weight Watchers Instant Pot Jerk Chicken Soup. ¼ tsp ground all spice; ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper; ½ tsp ground ginger; ½ tsp black pepper Trisha tops spicy jerk chicken with a mango, pineapple and papaya chutney.