Easy Tuna Casserole. Quick and Easy Tuna Casserole is perfect for the busy mom! I loved tuna casserole as a kid and found myself craving it as an adult. However, the massive amounts of fat and salt in the traditional recipe were a turnoff healthwise, and it just didn't taste as good as I remembered.
The cream of mushroom soup makes the pasta mixture so creamy and the best comfort food in each bite. Tuna Casserole is right up there with meatloaf and scalloped potatoes when it comes to comfort food. It's been a family favorite for generations! You can have Easy Tuna Casserole using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Tuna Casserole
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 3/4 cup of mayo.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 14 1/2 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 14 1/2 oz of can grean beans.
- Prepare 15 1/4 oz of can whole kernel corn.
- You need 2 oz of hidden valley ranch powder (this is 2 packages).
- It’s 3 can of tuna fish (these where 4 ounce cans).
- Prepare 8 oz of egg noodles.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 of salt/pepper to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 of of a red onion diced.
- You need 2 oz of can diced green chilis.
- You need 2 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
Flaky tuna is tossed with egg noodles, peas, celery, and mushroom soup. We top this with a buttery breadcrumb topping and bake it until it's bubbly. As I mentioned earlier, this tuna casserole with egg noodles comes together with just six ingredients: low-sodium canned peas, canned tuna in water, canned cream of mushroom soup, egg noodles, dry bread crumbs, and whole milk. This tuna noodle casserole is a nostalgic recipe that many adults remember from their childhood.
Easy Tuna Casserole instructions
- pre heat oven to 375.
- In a skillet melt the butter and sautee onions until translucent..
- While you are doing this, in a large pot heat up the water to boil your egg noodles..
- In a large bowl mix everything except bread crumbs and noodles..
- When you cook the noodles, make sure they are slightly under cooked. From 3-5 minutes. Once they're done throw them in the bowl also..
- It is going to look extremely creamy once mixed all together…it will be okay..
- Spoon everything thing into a large casserole dish and sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Place in pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes..
- When I made this, I forgot to add the cheese initially, so I added it on top pf the bread crumbs..
It's easy to swap out ingredients to suit your tastes and what you have handy in your pantry. For instance, you can make egg noodles or use shells, macaroni, spaghetti, or almost any pasta instead. It works with different types of condensed cream soup or canned or frozen mixed vegetables as well. This is so easy and fast, like tuna casserole without baking it! Top with French-fried onions, if desired.