Nankhatai Recipe | Eggless Nankhatai | Indian cookies | Mouth melting Crunchy Nankhatai. Nankhatai Recipe with step by step photos. Nankhatai are Indian shortbread cookies that are made with all-purpose flour, sugar and ghee (clarified butter) or butter. Nankhatai recipe – Delicious, light & crisp eggless cookies made with flour, ghee, cardamom powder and sugar.
In the earlier days most Indian homes did not have an oven so these were baked. Prepared by mixing gramflour, refined flour, ghee, yogurt and cardamom powder nanakhatai has a distinctive taste which tastes brilliant dunked in a cup of hot chai! This biscuit snack can be made hassle free from scratch in your home kitchens. You can cook Nankhatai Recipe | Eggless Nankhatai | Indian cookies | Mouth melting Crunchy Nankhatai using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nankhatai Recipe | Eggless Nankhatai | Indian cookies | Mouth melting Crunchy Nankhatai
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chickpea flour/besan.
- You need 2 tbsp of sufi.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ghee.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder/ illachi powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
Nan khatai is an authentic Indian sweet and savory eggless cookie that can be easily prepared at home. In its authentic recipe, ghee, maida, rava (sooji), gram flour (besan) and sugar are used but nowadays it is generally prepared without using gram flour and rava. nankhatai recipe nan khatai cookies with detailed photo and video recipe. an unique and tasty cookies variations from the indian cuisine to match indian taste buds. it is generally made with plain flour, besan with a egg yolk combination, but this recipe is an eggless recipe for non egg eaters. it is a popular indian dessert snack recipe, which is typically. The Eggless Nankhatai is a perfect Diwali Indian sweet.
Nankhatai Recipe | Eggless Nankhatai | Indian cookies | Mouth melting Crunchy Nankhatai step by step
- In a bowl sieve together flour, besan and sooji. Add salt and mix till well combined..
- Add 1/2 cup ghee and cardmom powder and make soft dough. Knead the dough very softly..
- Grease parchment paper with ghee and put in the baking tray..
- Make medium size ball and give any design you like. (I just pressed finger in the middle and put almond on top).
- Garnish with almond and pistachios..
- Bake 180C/350F for 10 to 15 min..
- Remove nankhatai from oven and let cool completely..
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!.
A melt-in-the-mouth biscuit, with the rich aroma of ghee tinged with spicy notes of cardamom, the nan khatai is a perfect example of Indian ingenuity in making eggless Indian cookies. Indian Shortbread Cookies Recipe with an easy video tutorial**. 'Nankhatai'** **( नानखटाई )** is a melt-in-mouth cardamom scented Indian shortbread cookie. These are buttery soft, sweet and perfectly crisp, and go so well with a steaming cup of milk, tea or coffee. Elsewhere, in 'Eat, Live, Pray', a publication of the Federation of Zoroastrian Associations of North America, Farishta Murzban Dinshaw writes, "Parsi bakers were inspired by the eggless Scottish shortbread, favoured by sailors because it kept well on long voyages, to create nankhatai, one of Surat's famous confections. The Surti bakers realised the recipe was suitable for Gujarati.