Basque Burnt Cheesecake. This cheesecake is the alter ego to the classic New York-style cheesecake with a press-in cookie crust. Inspired by a Basque version, this is the cheesecake that wants to get burnt, cracked, and. A simple cheesecake that is the opposite of what you would imagine the perfect cheesecake to be.
It's a crustless cheesecake that's starting to become a trend in the US. The cheesecake is baked at a high. WIth a burnt top and custardy center, this Basque Cheesecake recipe comes together from a With a caramelized top that borders on burnt and a jiggly custardy center, Basque Cheesecake is a. You can cook Basque Burnt Cheesecake using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- It’s of Unsalted Butter, For Greasing.
- Prepare 454 g of Keto-Friendly Cream Cheese Preferably Philadelphia,.
- It’s 1 TSP of Stevia Liquid Form,.
- It’s 4 of Eggs,.
- You need 200 ml of Keto-Friendly Heavy Whipping Cream,.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Pure Vanilla Paste,.
- You need 43 g of Almond Flour,.
It is a crustless cheesecake that is cooked at very high heat. This results in its rustic appearance with cracked edges. I was convinced that the cheesecake from my second cookbook sweet was the best I had made. Basque burnt cheesecakes are well known to be the easiest cheesecake to make.
Basque Burnt Cheesecake instructions
- Preheat oven to 205 degree celsius or 400 fahrenheit. Grease cake pan with butter. Lay parchment paper onto the pan, with sides hanging out as the cake will rise during baking process. It don't have to be lined perfectly..
- Before mixing process, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.* Add cream cheese and stevia into a large bowl or a stand mixer. Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk until light and fluffy. While still whisking, add in the eggs, 1 at a time. Continue whisking until all the eggs are fully incorporated..
- Add in cream, salt and vanilla. Continue whisking until well combined. Lastly, sieve in almond flour. Whisk until well combined. Make sure no large lumps..
- Transfer the batter into the prepared cake pan. Wack into the oven and bake for about 50 to 60 mins. The cake should be dark brown in color and jiggly at the middle. Remove from oven and set aside to cool down completely. As it cools it will collapse..
- Unmold and transfer onto a cake stand or a serving plate. Slice and serve immediately..
This "burnt" Basque cheesecake is one of the rare trendy recipes that I'm actually posting while it's still trendy. I usually wait like three or four years, and by that time people have lost interest. If you can relate, Basque "burnt" cheesecake is the creamy dessert you've been waiting for. Defying all the usual basics of baking, you literally want this cheesecake to appear dark and burnt. Basque cheesecake is often called "burnt" cheesecake due to its iconic rich dark surface.