Tuna Noodle Casserole. Simple ingredients, great flavors to please everybody and an unforgettable taste. Explore one of our recipes to try tonight! Families are sure to love the creamy texture and comforting taste of this traditional tuna casserole that goes together in a jiffy.
Add the noodles, peas, tuna and pimientos; mix well. The flavor seems to come primarily from fat and salt. To reduce the fat and sodium content, use low fat, low sodium soup. You can cook Tuna Noodle Casserole using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Prepare 1 packages of egg noodles.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 3 can of tuna, drained.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 can of peas, drained.
- You need 1 dash of pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1 cup of mild cheddar cheese shredded.
Mix the cream of chicken, mayonnaise and milk together in a large bowl. Add the diced celery and onion. Fold in the tuna, followed by the cooked egg noodles and shredded cheddar cheese. Tuna casserole, the quintessential American dish.
Tuna Noodle Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook noodles according to package directions but not fully cooked. They will finish cooking in oven.
- In a mixing bowl, blend all ingredients omitting cheese. Mix and blend well..
- Bake for 20 minutes..
- Sprinkle chess over top and finish cooking for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted through.
Made with canned tuna, mushrooms, peas and noodles in a creamy sauce (and no canned soup) finished with toasted breadcrumbs – so good! This Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comforting and reliable classic dish perfect for a busy weeknight and budget friendly! This tuna noodle casserole is leaps and bounds tastier than any old memories you have of tuna casserole. Rather than a canned "cream of soup" we make a really simple white sauce from scratch with just flour, butter, chicken broth and milk. Peas, celery and onion are sautéed to give the tuna casserole a boost of flavor as well.