Tuna casserole. Taste Delicious, Italian-Inspired Dinner Recipes From Classico. A Variety Of Delicious Mealtime Options For Everyone In The Family. This Tuna Broccoli Roll Up Casserole is a great alternative to the common tuna casserole.
I loved tuna casserole as a kid and found myself craving it as an adult. However, the massive amounts of fat and salt in the traditional recipe were a turnoff healthwise, and it just didn't taste as good as I remembered. I reconfigured the recipe to include more vegetables and the result was delicious. You can have Tuna casserole using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuna casserole
- Prepare 3 can of of tuna.
- It’s 4 cup of rotini noodles.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of pepper and salt.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- You need 1 can of cream of celery.
- You need 2 tbsp of onion.
- You need 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
Tuna casserole is a family favorite, and great for serving large groups. In this tuna casserole recipe from Martha Stewart, we cut the sauce with chicken broth, but there's still enough milk to make this tuna casserole feel indulgent. Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well. Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until butter melts.
Tuna casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook noodles then drain.
- Melt butter, add flour, milk, and cream cheese in sauce pan till creamy.
- Put tuna in bowl dont drain, and season with pepper salt and garlic powder..
- Add cream of mushroom soup and the cream of celery into the milk mixture turn on low medium heat until boiling..
- Add soup mixture to tuna and then add the noodles after you drain them stir all up and place in buttered dish add cheese on top and mix a little in with the casserole..
- Cook on 375 for 40 mins or until bubbling.
Tuna casseroles are easy on the budget and always comforting. Feel free to change things up with different pasta shapes, a combination of cheeses, or alternative toppings. I also topped the casserole with a delicious crunchy topping made with Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika (<- quickly becoming my favorite pantry staple), fresh parsley, and, of course, a little butter for flavor and browning. Tuna Casserole is right up there with meatloaf and scalloped potatoes when it comes to comfort food. It's been a family favorite for generations!