Creamy, Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole ; 2 Ways!. Simple ingredients, great flavors to please everybody and an unforgettable taste. Explore one of our recipes to try tonight! When you need supper fast, this tuna noodle casserole makes a super one-dish meal.
Best Ever Tuna Noodle Casserole – creamy, cheesy and completely delicious, this casserole is even adored by those who say they hate Tuna Noodle Casserole. Make this creamy tuna noodle casserole for the ultimate in comfort food using easy to find ingredients that might already be in your pantry. Right now, we all need comfort food recipes more than ever. You can cook Creamy, Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole ; 2 Ways! using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy, Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole ; 2 Ways!
- Prepare 2 can of good quality tuna, 12 oz each.
- It’s 1 lb of elbow noodles, drained and cooked for minimum cook time.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 can of cream of chicken soup, or 1 can each cream of chicken and celery if preferred.
- Prepare 1/2 can of cheddar cheese soup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion soup mix; if you want onions. i sift out the onions from the soup and add as well.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 4 cup of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crushed ritz crackers or italian bread crumbs; optional.
Tuna Noodle Casserole can be made a day ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to bake. Top it with foil during this time, then remove for the remainder of baking. Freezing: Tuna Noodle Casserole makes a great freezer food, either before or after it's been baked. This tuna noodle casserole is a nostalgic recipe that many adults remember from their childhood.
Creamy, Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole ; 2 Ways! step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F. in large bowl, mix tuna and mayonnaise, stir..
- add all wet ingredients and spices and onions from soup if desired. this makes 2 casseroles so i only add onions to one. mix well and add noodles; stir to incorporate..
- pour tuna noodle mixture into 2 lasagna tins sprayed with cooking spray. (you can also use glass casserole if you prefer.).
- top with shredded cheese and either bread crumbs or crushed ritz crackers if desired.
- cook about 25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. you can serve one and freeze the second for another time if you want! enjoy.
It's easy to swap out ingredients to suit your tastes and what you have handy in your pantry. For instance, you can make egg noodles or use shells, macaroni, spaghetti, or almost any pasta instead. It works with different types of condensed cream soup or canned or frozen mixed vegetables as well. Combine noodles, tuna, peas, mushrooms and remaining milk in large bowl. Add cream cheese mixture; mix lightly.