Lemon Sugar Cookies. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars and oil until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; stir into butter mixture (dough will be stiff). Lemon sugar cookies recipe taste like you've taken a big bite out of summer!
Lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruits, I can't seem to get enough of them! Add them to a cookie and you better believe I'm all about it! Beat in egg, corn syrup, and lemon extract. You can have Lemon Sugar Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Sugar Cookies
- It’s 1 stick of butter, softened.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of white sugar, separated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need of Zest of 2 small/medium lemons.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder. HOW TO MAKE LEMON SUGAR COOKIES. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. This easy sugar cookie recipe is a lemon lover's dream.
Lemon Sugar Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk together to combine..
- In a medium bowl, using a hand or standing mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and 3/4c sugar until light and fluffy. (about 3-4 minutes or so). Add egg, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined..
- Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and beat just until combined–do not over mix. Roll cookie dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls and roll into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar (add sugar into a small bowl first.) and place about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking pan..
- Bake 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool before eating..
- Store in an air tight container or freeze. (They never last long in my glass cookie jar lol!).
The cookies have so much lemon flavor (the recipe uses lemon extract AND fresh lemon zest). I especially love that you can see the little flecks of lemon zest in the cookies. The edge of the cookies is a bit crispy but the inside is perfectly soft and chewy. Lemon Sugar Cookies with Lemon Frosting. I am a sucker for just about any lemon dessert, and homemade cookies are one of my very favorite treats.