Sicilian Chicken Soup. But you can bottle it, and that's exactly what we did. Introducing a Chicken Noodle Soup with nothing to hide. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Chicken Soup Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals!
While the soup is simmering, boil a pot of water and cook the macaroni according to the directions on the bag. How to Make Sicilian Chicken Soup. Cover and bring to a boil. You can have Sicilian Chicken Soup using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sicilian Chicken Soup
- Prepare of chicken tenders.
- You need of medium yellow onion finely chopped.
- Prepare of celery ribs diced.
- You need of medium russet or red potatoes and diced into ½ inch diced.
- Prepare of diced or diced fire roasted tomatoes.
- You need of garlic cloves minced (I use about 7 or 8 cloves).
- It’s of Pink Himalayan salt and pepper.
- You need of radatorie pasta.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- It’s of chicken soup base.
- It’s of dried parsley flakes.
- It’s of celery seed.
- You need of dill weed.
- You need of thyme.
- You need of basil.
- You need of ground mustard.
- Prepare of paprika.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
Carrabba's copycat recipe for Sicilian Chicken Soup is simple & gorgeous. Full of flavor, this will become a family favorite. This Sicilian Chicken Soup is a delicious household staple. It's flavorful and super easy to make.
Sicilian Chicken Soup instructions
- In a large soup pot place chicken tenders, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, diced tomatoes with their juices and then add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Over high heat bring to a boil. Then add your parsley and garlic. 1 tbs salt and pepper..
- Add the 7 seasonings..
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Let simmer until chicken is done. Remove chicken and pull apart with forks. Reduce heat to low add the chicken back to the pot and let the soup continue to simmer..
- In a medium saucepan cook pasta as directed. Drain and set aside..
- Using a potato masher, mash the soup around a few times, letting some of the potatoes get a little smashed. I just mash 2-3 times and call it good. Add the noodles to the pot, stir well. Add more water if needed. Then add a little more garlic powder, salt and pepper to your taste. Serve hot and add green onions and or shredded cheese to top it off..
Perfect for sick days, cold wintery nights, and every meal in between, this soup can satisfy any and every craving! The cloves used to make the chicken stock give this simple, pure soup a subtle sweet undertone. Remove the chicken breast, shred in a bowl and place back in the soup pot. This spicy chicken noodle soup brings back so many memories! First of all, I love ordering Mama Mandola's Sicilian chicken soup at Carrabba's Italian Grill.